Currently having a wicked affair with Passion Pit. I came across this “unabashedly” group of musicians while cramming for finals one semester at MUSC (thank you Pandora) and can’t seem to get enough. The group has produced 2 eclectic, yet carefully thought out albums, Manners and Chunk of Change, with Manners being my favorite. The first song I ever heard from Passion Pit was “The Reeling,” in which I was immediately hooked after only hearing a few key notes. I find their music to be simple yet complex, being that it is spontaneous and deliberate all at the same time. It’s pop mixed with sincerity, feelings of second chances and fun, memorable nights. Like many other bands I love, Passion Pit is a quick-witted group that listeners can relate to despite their fantastical lyrical depiction. My week has absolutely revolved around this band, so I hope you will give them a listen.
It was almost tormenting when it came to choosing which Passion Pit video I would share in tonight's blog post, but I have decided to go with “Better Things” from the album, Chunk of Change, which you can find below.
I can't help but dance whenever I hear this tune, along with every other song by this musical ensemble. The sound of Passion Pit has the ability to penetrate the coldest of hearts, turning those individuals into moving, soulful beings in an instant. This is the very music I live for...something that can personally move me, lyrically and physically. I hope your heart and ears connect with their inscrutable sound just as mine did. If you enjoy "Better Things," check out the list below to get a peek into my top songs (in no particular order) from Passion Pit:
- Sleepyhead
- Moth’s Wings (see previous post for link)
- Little Secrets
- To Kingdom Come
- The Reeling
- Better Things
- Seaweed Song
- I’ve Got Your Number
And now, I will leave you for the weekend. Happy Friday, my friends. "Better things are coming, I swear there's truth in that..." Stay tuned for next week's blog posts covering Breakbot, Chromeo, Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina and Friendly Fires. XOXO.
No comments:
Post a Comment