Day 1: Health & The Beatles
In working in an inpatient rehabilitation facility, I see a lot of sick people who are weak and scared for what their future may hold. I have cared for patients with brain cancer, lower extremity amputations, severe deficits from stroke, traumatic brain injury, multiple trauma fractures from car wrecks, painful hip and knee surgeries and various neurodegenerative diseases. In working in this setting, I have learned how beautiful and precious life is and how often I took my own health for granted.
The blessing I am most grateful for today is my health. I am so thankful that I am healthy and that I am able to use my strength to lift up others who are weak. I thank God for providing me continual strength and energy, as He is the source of my very well-being. Cheers to health and sunny days!
"Here Comes The Sun" by The Beatles is one of my favorite songs. It always puts me in a great mood, no matter how I am feeling before. The cheeriness of its tune is light and simple. To me, this is what "my health" would sound like if you took a stethoscope to my heart :) Enjoy and good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment