With hopes that there is at least one faithful follower out there, I am back and deeply apologetic for my 24 day-hiatus. I have no excuse for my absence, no adventures on the other side of the world to speak of or a Picasso-inspired painting to display.
What I would like to share with you is that I am one day closer to graduation (July 16th!) and find myself in a mad-pursuit to land a job here in Charleston (prayers deeply appreciated). I am still madly in love one year later and still break out in a sweat any time someone mentions his name. I am still enjoying my downtown apartment, though I curse the occasional “Palmetto Bug” that insists that he lives here too. I recently made a trip to Nashville to visit my girlfriends and find it comforting that some things never change. I still aspire to run everyday but find my comfy chair & Ellen DeGeneres more appealing after getting home from an 8 to 5 workday. I still snooze my alarm clock 3 times (maybe more depending on the weekday) before crawling out of bed but still manage to get to work with 2 minutes to spare. And lastly, I am still trying to perfect the art known as "cooking," but have developed a new love for whole grain spiral mac & cheese...by Velveeta. So, in a nut shell, my life is ever so blessed and I am most happy with my current situation.
With this blog, I still intend to share music with you as it enters my life. I have had wonderful music experiences since my last posting, specifically with The Movement at Patriot's Point in Charleston. Wish you could have been present. However, it was not their show that instigated tonight's post.
I was driving home from work today and found myself talking in circles. Not literally talking to myself, but most definitely in a cloud of thoughts that refused to give way no matter how hard I tried...that is until "The Immortals" started playing. I was not a fan of the new Kings of Leon CD when it first released, but their album has grown on me and their sound has not changed. For once, I will not share too much of my opinion with you regarding a song, but I do encourage you to take the time to listen to the lyrics and see how it might apply to your life at this point in time.
This song personally lifted my spirits and saved me from crushing those I love most. Consider it a swift slap, a kind reminder, a best friend telling you to hang in there, to never settle, to live, to love and most importantly laugh at yourself...to find out who you are and who you want to be, to realize that there is more to life than you may allow yourself to see, and to never lose sight of your hopes & dreams.
Give "The Immortals" a listen tonight. Know that I miss our careless ways and the times we took for granted when we lived together in the same space. Time to step into the light. Good night, my friends. Remember to always "Jump into the waters even when they're raging..."
No comments:
Post a Comment